Monday, September 10, 2012

Father & Son

Hello, hello! It's Melissa here on the blog today sharing a layout with a customized inked background!


This layout came together super quick! I used mostly neutral tones for all embellishments and papers but I used some color on my inked card stock background. I took the SEI chalk ink pads and pressed the ink pad directly onto the white paper. I used three different colors and stamped all over, making sure to stamp "off the page".


After letting that dry for a few minutes, I adhered a block of the text pattern paper from the SEI card making kit. I used a border punch on the top and bottom of this block of paper. I layered my four photos on the layout and then placed the strips of chevron along the top and bottom. I cut the chevron strips out of the pattern paper from the new "Mirelle" collection that will be available in October. I punched some stars out of the text pattern paper and used foam dots for dimension to adhere them down. Jewels and twine were also used to ground the layout. Lastly, I placed the large cardboard ampersand in the middle of the photos and then placed my small alphabet stickers on the chevron strips for the title.


As shown, ink pads can be used in a variety of ways and not just for inking stamps! Take your project to that next level by thinking outside the box! Thanks for visiting the SEI blog today!

Melissa

2 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

I love all of the layering on this. Such a great page! :)

Shana said...

The color combos are ones I never would have thought to use, but I like it! Clever use of ink pads, too.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover