Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Home Decor Banner

I was so inspired by the new Salem Heights line that I wanted to create more Halloween Home Decor--I just couldn't stop crafting with this collection. Today's project is a banner that could be used in several different ways. You could add ribbon to the sides, and hang it on the wall or a doorknob. You could even prop it up and place it on a bookshelf.


I wanted to create some variety of shapes and sizes so I die cut squares, rectangles and circles from coaster board, which is a thicker base than cardstock. I then die cut coordinating shapes from the Salem Heights patterned paper kit, and adhered it to the chipboard shapes. Then I embellished the banner. Seriously, this was one of the easiest and quickest home decor pieces I have ever made! So simple and fun to make.


To create some dimension on the, "H" I affixed both a chipboard bat and cardstock sticker bat over Hawthorne Hills paper. I tied some black twine around the top of the jack-o-lantern for the "A," and lifted it with some foam tape adhesive. The first "L" is place atop a skull sticker and black and white ribbon trim. I love the way it looks with the Dead Man's Parlor paper.


The second, "L" uses Hawthorne Hills paper with a chipboard bat. Then for the "O" I used Spooky Town Bash and affixed the cat with foam tape and a bow of green twine. I love this cat sticker, especially since the cat isn't looking at us.


I was so happy to see a creepy and big spider web embossed on paper in the kit! I trimmed the paper so that the center of the web is in the corner of the banner panel, and then I added a chipboard spider with foam tape to the web. For the first, "E" I cut out two stars from Spooky Town Bash, threaded some twine through the stars, and adhered them to the Hallows Eve panel with tape. I love the contrast created by the black, purple and orange. For the second, "E" I covered a coaster board panel with Hawthorne Hills paper, and tied ribbon on the ends of the candy piece. I then layered the letter, "E" over the "Trick or Treat" sticker. The "N" is adhered to a skull and crossbones sticker on top of Hawthorne Hills paper.

The Salem Heights collection from SEI is a definite MUST HAVE for Halloween! I keep finding inspiration for making projects with it every time I use it.

Emily

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

CUTE sign!

Margi said...

Very nice. I would like to make that project for my house hall. TFS

Cheap net curtains said...

Decorating your home on Halloween season is really exciting and you can create your own DIY home decor that you put on your indoor or outdoor and for sure using different Halloween decor you will feel that spirit of Halloween.

Hunter Douglas said...

The Halloween home décor banner that has been described by you, it has been very interesting to see it

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover