Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shabby Chic Bat Decor

Hey there!! October has arrived! The weather is cooling down, leaves crinkle on the ground as you step on the them, and the rich colors of nostalgic times greet your warmly! I love the month of October because it ushers in my favorite time of year--holiday season! Halloween is just the start of the season, but so much fun to decorate your home for. Today's project is a Shabby Chic Haunted Bat Home Decor piece using SEI's new collection, Salem Heights.


I love the pretty and dare, I say "elegant" look of this bat. I covered a wood-board bat from Hobby Lobby with Hawthorn Hills paper, and then then trimmed Dead Man's Parlor a little smaller than the bat. After I inked the two bat shapes with SEI chalk ink, I adhered them to the wood-board bat, affixing black pipe cleaner on the edges for a soft and classy look.



To embellish the center of the bat a little bit more, I accordion-folded a 1 1/2" x 12" strip of Spooky Town Bash paper, then trimmed some Hallow's Eve paper, notched the ends and added both to the center of the bat. Finally, I added a sentiment sticker to the center to complete the look!

My mom flipped out when she saw this, and asked for one of her own! So, with my left over paper I made her another bat decor item! I'm hanging mine in the door frame above my kitchen! I love seeing this festive piece every time I enter the room!

Emily

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover