Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spooky DIY Notepad

I always like to create an alternative to candy for Halloween, especially for the little trick or treaters. I had a lot of fun with this project and it came together really quickly.


I started with a simple notepad that I covered in Spooky Town paper from the Salem Heights collection. I tied some twine around the cover and added a stamped title by combining a few sentiments. A few "ooglie eyes" were added in the center for an extra spooky effect. A glittered spider from the Salem Heights chiplets topped it off.


And, in case you are wondering about that bone pen...yes, I made it! I used white Model Magic by Crayola and shaped it into a bone as I wrapped it around my pen. I let it dry overnight and aged it with by distress ink pads. It's the perfect spooky touch to finish off this special treat for your favorite trick or treater!

Jennifer

Stamps: Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

Margi said...

This is such a cool idea for trickortreaters. The bone pen is so cool. I guess you can make fingers as well.

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover