Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Computer Binary Code Birthday Card


I made this computer themed card for my Father-in-Law's birthday using this fun paper from the Azalea by SEI!






I really like the way SEI's paper cuts. I'm using it in my Silhouette Cameo.





I created two inserts for my card using the Silhouette software. First, I made a white rectangle to fit behind the numbers so they would show up well. Next, I made a green rectangle to cover the white so the inside of the card would match. It wasn't necessary but I didn't like the way the white looked just sitting there being all stark. I made the card by using a rounded rectangle, adding a line to the middle and making it perforated.

You could easily create binary code numbers in your software but I used an svg from the Programmed for Love set by Lettering Delights to create this.



The tag was slicker than I thought and I smeared my stamp. No worries! I used it as an opportunity to make a more creative tag by using some of these fun paper scraps. I got the tag from the Athenaeum Creative Pack by SEI. This stamp comes from the Joy's Life "My Hero" stamp set.



Here's the inside with the added green insert hiding the white that backs the numbers.

I hope you enjoyed this computer themed card!
Joy

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover